Grand Hyatt Seattle Review
Downtown Hotel Comfort
The Hyatt hotels are well known around the world for their luxury and class. The Grand Hyatt hotel in Seattle is no exception. In fact, this is a favorite hotel for many Seattle visitors. It has amenities that suit business travelers as well as regular vacationers. Its downtown location makes it a perfect place for people who want to be in close proximity to a lot of what Seattle has to offer. It is one of the most popular and most reserved hotels in the Seattle area for its modern rooms and convenience to downtown restaurants and activities. Rooms include a flat-screen LCD television. The gym includes a sauna, whirlpool, and steam room. Higher rooms at the hotel have excellent views of downtown Seattle and Puget Sound.
What people like about Grand Hyatt Seattle
There is a lot to like about this hotel. Some of the favorite things that people enjoy are:
- Ideal downtown Seattle location. As one visitor describes it: “The location was superb, we walked everywhere while in town for the weekend. There are loads of great restaurants near the hotel, and it’s a quick walk from the hotel down to Pike Place Market. Additionally, it’s only about a block to the light rail link between downtown and the airport. Also close enough to walk to Belltown or even the Space Needle.”
- Great view. In addition to the fact that you are close to all of these things, you can see them from your room. You do need to get a room on one of the higher floors to get the great view, though. If you’re up high enough you can see the Puget Sound.
- Excellent gym. People who enjoy working out when staying at a hotel will find that the gym here is a wonderful one. It not only has a workout area but also has a steam room, sauna and whirlpool Jacuzzi, which are all state-of-the-art.
- An amazing bathroom. Even if you don’t make it down to the sauna, you’ll enjoy a spa-like experience in the comfort of your hotel bathroom. High-quality marble fixtures and soaking tubs with glass surrounding them are some of the things that you’ll find indulgent in the Grand Hyatt Seattle’s bathrooms. Shower robes are an added bonus.
- Steak and Starbucks. A Ruth Chris steakhouse is located inside of this hotel. A A Starbucks is right next door. You don’t have to go far for great food. Of course, with this location, you could get something nearby that’s wonderful as well but it’s a nice perk that you don’t have to leave the building if you don’t want to.
- Little touches. The little things add up when you experience a hotel. This hotel makes sure to offer those little things. For example, you will find that there’s an umbrella in your hotel room to use in this rainy city so you don’t have to worry if you forgot your own.
- Baby services. Are you traveling to Seattle with a little one in tow? You’ll really appreciate the baby services at this hotel if you are. You can leave absolutely everything at home and ask the hotel to provide you with diapers, bedding, car seats and more. They offer many name brands and are happy to help you as long as you make your plans with them in advance.
Guests often mention this hotel’s high quality bathroom fixtures including marble, and full glass surrounds for the soaker tubs. You’ll find an umbrella in the closet for the frequent rainy days here in Seattle. The hotel is a convenient walk to many attractions including the Space Needle, Pioneer Square, and Pike Place Market — but bring comfortable shoes for our Seattle hills.
Possible downsides for the Grand Hyatt Seattle
- It’s pricey. One of the most frequent complaints that visitors have about any Hyatt hotel is that it’s pricey. This is no cheap hotel. You’re getting a luxurious experience and you’re going to pay for it. Expect to pay around $300 per night to stay here (although it’s possible to find deals throughout the year).
- Parking is extra. It annoys some visitors that parking at the hotel isn’t included in the cost of the room. On the plus side, you are located in such a convenient place that you may not even need to get a rental car while you’re here. Also there is valet service that gets positive reviews from visitors.
- Internet is also extra. Expect to pay $10 per day to get high speed Internet at this hotel. In a time when so many hotels offer free Wi-Fi, this is a little bit annoying.
- It’s somewhat cookie cutter. One complaint that people have is that this hotel is not very unique. It’s wonderful; it’s just not going to wow you by being different than other luxury hotels. In an era when boutique hotels are rising in popularity, the familiarity of a hotel like this one can turn people off.
The bottom line
The Grand Hyatt Seattle is a classic luxury hotel. It has all of the amenities that you would want from a great hotel. It’s located in a really great location that puts you close to all of the action in downtown Seattle. You’ll pay a little bit for the luxury of staying here but many visitors say it’s well worth the cost.
This is the hotel for you if you are looking for clean, modern accommodations and a high degree of convenience to Seattle attractions. You won’t find an amazingly unique experience – just high quality, predictable excellent service to make your stay in Seattle one to remember. The Grand Hyatt Seattle’s rates are typically around $300 per night, plus parking (if needed), taxes, and fees.